A hypercube is the geometrical concept of an n-dimensional cube. A typical cube exists in three spacial dimensions, where as a square exists only in two. The four dimensional hypercube is called a tesseract, or a 4-cube. It looks a bit like this:
If you want to try draw a tesseract:
- Draw a point, this is the zeroth dimension
- Draw another point and connect the two points with a line, you have a one-dimensional line
- Add three more lines to create the classical square
- Draw the remaining five faces to create a cube, this is now three dimensional
- Now, the fourth dimension. Start by drawing another cube. Connect the respective corners of the cube together.
- Well done, you dimensional physicist, you.
The pretty rainbow above picture is an enneract, or a 9-cube, that exists in nine spacial dimensions.